Trish St George – Craft Instructor
I am a competent, enthusiastic crafter in many different mediums and I run a crafting business selling handicrafts at both local and national craft fairs. Increasingly, selling vintage and folk inspired items following recent trends.
I began crafting at an early age. As soon as I could use knitting needles or crochet hook I was taught to knit and crochet by my mother and aunts.
Following my retirement from teaching in 1994, I became a volunteer at Leek Citizens Advice Bureau. After 14 years I retired from this post to concentrate on my crafting.
Earlier, in my working life, I assisted her mother in her toy making business and taught handicrafts to disabled men in a local residential hospital, as well as young guiders, I am therefore able to produce kits suitable for a wide variety of abilities.
I have cruised extensively, for the last 20 years, and the places I have visited inspired me to develop many crafting skills beyond knitting and crocheting, which were my first loves.
I enjoy felt, plastic canvas work and patchwork which are particularly useful for cruise craft projects.
I live on the edge of the Peak District in North Staffordshire with my Alaskan Malamute dog – Tinker.
My craft kits use many illustrations and can be written in English, Italian, German and French.
1. Applique work in felt to produce coin purse, covers for tablets and mobile phones and travel journals as well as cases for sunglasses.
2. Felt and ribbon brooches and corsages
3. Felt animal toys, mobiles and trinket boxes
4. Plastic canvas work to produce trinket boxes, sunglass cases and for longer cruises evening and clutch bags.
5. Japanese folded patchwork for appliqued cushions and tote bags
6. Christmas and Easter decorations using folded patchwork
7. Cross-stitch cards and book marks
8. Easy introduction to crochet and knitting projects including toys, brooches and granny squares.
Some Examples of Trisha's Work
(Full image not available in preview panes below - Please click on image to view in full.)